Faith Is How We Live

Faith for Everything


"I want to have faith, but I keep trying to figure  out everything with my own brain." 

The other day I was on the phone talking with a representative about some additional promotional ideas for my book. Toward the wrap-up of the call, he said "I really like what your book is about. I have problems with faith. I want to have faith, but I keep trying to figure out everything with my own brain." I chuckled, but I sure understood. All of us do that, or have done that at some point while developing our faith. We try to the best of our ability to come up with answers and solutions to our issues and problems, and constantly fail in all of our trying. It's because our faith should be in God's ability, not our own.

He said "I try to figure out everything..." Well, I believe we need faith for everything, big things and small things. I find it to be a relief that I can look to God for help with everything that concerns me. A friend jokingly said to me years ago, "You pray about everything. I think you probably pray about what kind of toothpaste to buy!" It sounded funny to her, but I do pray for wisdom in small things like that. Some would think of that as "fanaticism" for praying about such little things, but faith is how I live. I believe it's important to carry a discerning spirit into everything, and yes, that helps us make better decisions, even with seemingly insignificant purchases like toothpaste. It's not fanaticism in the sense that I lose touch with how to live with practicality and common sense; it's simply to imply living a life of faith with our spiritual antennas activated at all times feels necessary to me. I don't walk around the grocery store quoting scriptures with my hands outstretched to heaven asking to know what to buy; that would definitely be fanatical. However, my faith "feelers" are always up! I am sure I still miss it when it comes to many things, but God knows I am trying to constantly be led by faith and spiritual wisdom in my daily life, like all of us should be.

Well, I said some encouraging words to that representative to inspire him to continue seeking growth in his faith. As the call was ending, it surprised me when he said, "I need you to pray for me." I heard the sincerity in his voice, and the genuineness in his request, and I said, "If you have a couple of minutes, I will pray for you right now." He eagerly said yes, and I prayed for the spiritual strength and insight he desired. He was excited and grateful as he thanked me for the prayer. 

Let us all be reminded today that we don't have to figure out everything "with our own brain." Each day and in each thing, big and small, let us learn to trust in God's ability more and more, and not our own. He will help with anything, and EVERYTHING. ~ S.R.F.

"For we live by faith..." 2 Corinthian 5:7

Silver Rae's book "What Is FAITH? Faith Notes and Quotes to Encourage and Inspire You" is available on Amazon! Order your copy today! Click here: What Is FAITH?

Share this post:

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

UNIMAGINED PLACES

IT'S UP TO YOU